“This situation is unacceptable. We’re in 2013, for the love of all that is wet and wild! How can we not know the answer to such a fundamental question—are lubes safe?”
- Water-based, silicone-based, oil-based, hybrid.
- Bottles, tubs, tubes, vats, vials, sachets, packets, pouches, pillows, mix-it-at-home kits.
- Pumpable, flippable, squeezable, scoopable, squirtable, spritzable, speadable.
- Regular, warming, cooling, tingling, numbing.
- Thick, thin, goopy, watery, greasy, sticky, slippery, silky, slick.
- Long lists of unpronounceable chemicals, claims of being organic or all-natural.
- Scents. Flavours. Colours.
- Formulated to look like cum!
- And of course, wildly varying prices.
I’m glad I’m not meeting that guy for another three hours.
*Join IRMA’s robust, highly-active. moderated, global listserv addressing rectal microbicide research and advocacy as well as other interesting new HIV prevention technologies by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Joining our listserv automatically makes you a member of IRMA – a network of more than 1,100 advocates, scientists, policy makers and funders from all over the world.
*Please look for us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/InternationalRectalMicrobicideAdvocates, and you can follow us on Twitter: @rectalmicro.
*Also, please note that shared news items from other sources posted on this blog do not necessarily mean IRMA has taken any position on the article’s content.