Ontario’s Gay Men’s Sexual Health Alliance has launched a web site for gay men to address HIV stigma.
- basic information on HIV stigma
- ideas for how to stop the stigma
- information on the law and disclosure (specific to the Canadian context)
- facilitators hosting a range of blog-based and live web discussions
- a safer sex guide
- an interactive game called Explicit Truth where guys strip as you answer questions correctly!
The web site is bilingual English and French, including some of the blogs. Some of the basic information is also available in 15 other languages: Bengali, Chinese, Gujarati, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Nepali, Pilipino, Portuguese, Punjabi, Spanish, Tamil, Thai, Urdu, and Vietnamese.
GMSH is a provincial coalition of gay men and their allies from community-based HIV/AIDS service organizations, the HIV research community, public health and policy makers. The Alliance is interested in strengthening our capacity as a community to reduce rates of new HIV infections and support the health and well being of all gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men across Ontario.